CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Their name is WHAT??

I was sitting here, looking for a song to sing at my graduation, when suddenly, I came across something quite...well, weird, actually. My best friend and I had typed in 'Graduation songs' when up came all these lists that had the names of the songs, and the people who recorded them. Now, growing up in a Christian home, I am used to names like, The Rochester family, The Thren family, The Raub family, ect. But some of these names were pretty interesting, in fact, I'd go so far as to say some of them were hilarious!

For example:

Third Eye Blind- Ok, someone in the band must have three eyes!
Semisonic-And that's supposed to mean what??
Green Day-What ever happened to "It's a beautiful day"?? Instead it's a green day?? Odd!
All American Rejects-Ok, tell me something, if you were a reject, would YOU want to publicize it?
Spice Girls-Sounds like a baking team! Not a singing group
U2-This one really got me, you too WHAT? Can't anyone use correct English anymore? FINISH THE SENTENCE!!
And perhaps the most funny one is:
Smashing Pumpkins-THIS is the name of a BAND? It sounds more like a Halloween past time!

Why can't people have good names for their bands or groups?

Well I guess that's because none of these bands that I have named above, glorify God. In any way. Now, I haven't heard their songs, don't care to either, but from their names, you can guess what sort of junk they try to sing.

Names are a very important part in society today. Back in the Bible days, the children were named for the ancestors, for physical attributes, ect. Names have also carried a stigma with them, such as: Judas, reminds us of the one who betrayed Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, Delilah, a Philistine woman who tricked Sampson, Herod, a wicked king who tried to kill Jesus at His birth, and the list could go on and on. But you get my drift.

Well, anyway, I just wanted to share that with you all. That's it for now.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

I like your post, Bethany! Don't forget that there's someone who still reads and enjoys your blog! Keep posting!