CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

When We Fail So Many Times

I was reading my Bible a couple weeks ago and suddenly, a passage just sort of jumped out at me. I had been reading through Psalm and got to Psalm 107 when I noticed something quite encouraging. The chapter starts out with, " O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy:"

The Bible goes on to list all the things the Lord had brought the children of Israel from and out of. Then, their soul fainted in them, in the wilderness. (vs.5) But yet, in verse 6 it says, "Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses." Then it keeps on going, how he led them in the right way, satisfied their longing soul, but then they rebelled. So, being a just God, he sent judgement on them. But in verse 13 it says, "Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses."

And it just keeps going on and on like that, God helps Israel, Israel goes against God, they cry, He delivers. I just thought that was so profound. I had read that before, but I really thought about it, and isn't it great that we have God who is so forgiving that, no matter how many times we seems to stray, He will take us back if we repent?

I know, so many times in my life, I have gotten to where it seemed I could NEVER go back to being as close to God as I was when I got saved, but the Lord loves me no matter how far I wander away. And then, when I finally come to myself, like the prodigal son, I wonder why I was stupid enough to let myself go that far from Someone who is so loving and kind. I call on God, and I know He forgives me. Even though I have done it time and time again.

And in the book of James, he states, "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (Jas. 4:6) So, just remember, it doesn't matter how far you think you have gone, or how bad you think you are, if you humbly ask God for forgiveness, He has promised to forgive and deliver you.

0 comments: