CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 5, 2007

Away From Home and Standing Alone

I have just gotten back from visiting some friends in Pittsburgh for a week. I had a really great time while I was there. I was able to go to both of their colleges. And I was also able to be a witness to a girl we rode the buses with in the morning. She was asking me when I turned 21, and I told her. She started talking about how it was going to be so fun to be able to get out of my house, and do my own things, like drinking, ect. I was so glad to be able to tell her I had no desire to drink, or smoke, or do drugs. I have seen what those things have done to folks I know or have known. It was nice to be able to come home and know that I stood for everything I believe in, and everything my parents have tought me. But I could not have done it if not for the Lord. It would have been so easy just to have gone along with it. And if someone ever says that peer pressure isn't that bad, they are WRONG!! That was one of the hardest things I have to do.

0 comments: